CETEBAL´s Engineering and Quality Control Department carries out the following types of actions
- Support with the CE mark for windows and outside doors and other items connected to the sector: implementation of production controls in factories, support with documentation and selection of tests to be carried out depending on the company´s production.
- Advanced Construction Timber Services, carrying out technical inspections in order to discover the state of timber used in construction, whether this is structural (beams, pillars) or non-structural (flooring, wall panelling) carrying out non-destructive tests on timber items in situ to determine any appropriate action.
Business and production management
- Diagnosis of businesses´ production organisation and production system improvement for businesses in the sector.
- Analysis and redistribution in plants.
- Planimetry and technical office services to businesses in the sector.
- Advice and implementation of quality assurance systems at businesses in the sector (ISO 9001).
- Maintenance and auditing of quality assurance systems at businesses in the sector (ISO 9001).
Quality control for furniture, wooden items (doors and windows) and raw materials
- Quality tests on raw materials and finished products according to Spanish and European standards, highlighting the window laboratory.
- Identification of furniture component samples and timber samples based on microscopic and macroscopic analysis.
- Drawing up technical details for materials
The most important actions carried out have included:
INNOFUSTERIA BALEARS, ADVANCED SERVICES SUPPORTING CARPENTRY PRODUCTION ON THE BALEARIC ISLANDS
2008-2010 Project forming part of the INNOEMPRESA initiative, cofinanced by the Balearic Islands Government the Ministry of Industry, the Spanish State Administration and the ERDF. The main aim of the project is to identify a need for legislation and to support businesses in the Balearic Islands timber sector in implementing manufacturing control and product quality systems. 22 businesses taking part.
PROCESS INNOVATION AT SMES IN THE BALEARIC ISLANDS TIMBER SECTOR
2005-2006 Project forming part of the SME Consolidation and Competitiveness Plan cofinanced by the Directorate General for Industrial Promotion, of the Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy, and the Finance Ministry.
The aim of the project was to help SMEs in the timber and allied industrial sectors in the Balearic Islands to incorporate innovation in management processes. The project consists of some general and other specific activities to be developed with the participating businesses. 14 SMES TAKING PART.
IMPLEMENTATION OF MANAGEMENT SYSTEM AND REVIEW OF OFFERS AND ORDERS AT BUSINESSES IN THE INDUSTRIAL CARPENTRY SECTOR.
2004-2005 Project coordinated by AIDIMA in the SME Consolidation and Competitiveness Plan initiative cofinanced by the Directorate General of Industrial Promotion, the Finance Ministry and European Funds. 30 businesses took part from the Catalonia, Balearic Islands, Valencia, Aragon, Andalusia and Castile-La Mancha autonomous communities. The priority aim of the project is to offer simple organisational solutions to industrial carpentry businesses.
PILOT PLAN FOR ISO 9000 IMPLEMENTATION AND CERTIFICATION IN THE TIMBER SECTOR.
2003-2004 Project begun in 2003 with a group of five businesses from the Balearic Islands with the support of the Directorate General for Industrial Promotion and the IDI and carried out together with AIDIMA. 5 businesses taking part.
CUSTODY CHAIN CERTIFICATION
2003-2004 Project begun in 2003 and carried out with CONFEMADERA with 5 businesses from the Balearic Islands - those that already had FSC custody chain certification - taking part.
METHODOLOGY AND ADVICE FOR INCORPORATING INNOVATION INTO DESIGN IN THE BALEARIC ISLANDS TIMBER/FURNITURE SECTOR
2003–2004. Part of the SME Consolidation and Competitiveness Plan cofinanced by the Directorate General for Industrial Promotion, the Spanish Finance Ministry and European Funds. 4 businesses taking part, main aims:
- To promote and introduce Design Culture in SMEs in the Balearic Islands timber/furniture sector
- To incorporate and promote the assimilation of design and communication management methodologies and instruments.
- To advise businesses on the development and design of products and on corporate and brand design.
PACE PROJECT, ACTION PLAN TO PROMOTE FOREIGN TIMBER TRADE
2002-2003 Part of the SME Consolidation and Competitiveness Plan cofinanced by the Directorate General for Industrial Promotion, the Finance Ministry and European Funds. 5 businesses taking part, with the following aims:
- To analyse the capacities and structural resources of timber companies in marketing and sales processes.
- To analyse new markets: at national level and foreign trade.
- To identify the common marketing and foreign trade activities that can be promoted collectively